frequently asked questions
We know you’ve problably got some questions. We hope to answer most of them in this section, but if not, just give us a call. 757.249.2654
1. A non-refundable registration fee is required with the completed application. All required documents are outlined on the application check-list. Applications will only be accepted if presented as a complete package. No document may be faxed or e-mailed to the school separately.
2. When your child's application is accepted, this reserves a space in the desired grade as your family goes through the application process. Acceptance of the application does not guarantee final acceptance into the desired grade.
3. Upon receipt of the completed application, entrance testing will be scheduled. Entrance testing may be required for grades K5 through 12. A $45 testing fee is due on or before the test date. Parents are required to remain on campus during the testing.
4. A parent/student interview with the respective principal/coordinator is part of the admissions process. The appointment for this interview may be made in the main office when the prospective student is brought in for testing. There is usually a five day turn-around between testing and interview, to allow time for test scoring. Families that have students applying to both Elementary and Middle/High School are required to interview with both principals/coordinators. Students are required to attend the interview.
5. When your interview is completed, the application then goes through a review process for consideration. This review process may take up to, but no longer than, two weeks. You will receive phone notification for acceptance or denial after this. All acceptances are provisional, pending receipt of all official records.
- Total work time for the average student per night is approximately:
- 1st grade - 10 minutes
- 2nd grade - 20 minutes
- 3rd grade - 30 minutes
- 4th grade - 40 minutes
- 5th grade - 50 minutes